The heritage of Columbia Engineering and Services, Inc., goes back to 1925 with the establishment of A.R. Abrams, Inc., located in West Palm Beach, Florida, by Alfred Abrams (1899-1979).
1927 | A.R. Abrams, Inc. was relocated to South Bend, Indiana where Mr. Abrams had attended Notre Dame University.
1940 | In advance of the southern building boom, Mr. Abrams moved the company to Atlanta, GA.
1963 | Columbia Engineering and Services, Inc. was created to provide engineering services for A.R. Abrams' sister companies.
1972 | A.R. Abrams, Inc. was renamed Abrams Industries and additional companies were added.
1982-1990 | Columbia Engineering began an external focus on expanding the client base to include companies and individuals who were not a part of the Abrams family of companies.
1990 | Abrams sold Columbia Engineering to Executive Vice President, Don Shillington, who in turn offered his co-worker and engineering peer, Louis Young, part of the company to come with him.
1992-2000 | Columbia Engineering began experiencing growth by providing civil site design and land planning for Kmart Corporation and other retail developers. We also began a targeted effort to gain public sector work to diversify the client base. Transportation, water resources, and public utility services for local municipal, county, and state governments.
2003 | Columbia began providing additional services, performing subdivision design, boundary and topographic surveys, and construction staking.
2013 | Columbia Engineering and Services, Inc. purchased our headquarter facility in Duluth, Georgia and we now enjoy being a contributing community partner.