Land Development Civil Engineer
Columbia Engineering is looking for qualified civil engineers to join our commercial site development department. Responsibilities would include:
- Preparing construction documents, reports, and calculations for private and public sector projects involving land development for new and redevelopment type projects.
- Preparing three-phase erosion control designs for projects and performing erosion control construction inspections
- Obtaining permit approvals for prepared construction documents with the appropriate city, state and federal jurisdictions.
- Working in a team environment to complete projects within budget and on schedule.
- Performing construction site visits to monitor progress.
- Can perform critical thinking tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Balancing multiple project workloads and deadlines requiring time management skills.
Prefer experience with the following programs:
- Autodesk Civil 3d
- Hydrology and hydraulics modeling software
- ArcMap or other GIS software
- Microsoft Office
Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology, an EIT certification and 2 years of experience in site development or related field. GSWCC Level 1A, 1B or II certification and a PE license in the state of Georgia are a plus, but not required.
Columbia is a small business, consulting firm located in Duluth, Georgia. We offer professional services in the areas of civil site design, transportation, water resources, land planning, landscape architecture, arborist services, institutional planning and design, land acquisition, construction management and surveying for both public and private clients. Our staff of expert professionals are licensed in multiple states and includes civil engineers, landscape architects, land planners and land surveyors, several of whom hold the distinction of LEED® Accredited Professional. Columbia offers above industry standard benefits including excellent health insurance and 401(k) program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Site Development: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Professional Engineer
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.